Saturday, July 22, 2006

A day off

So last week I took Saturday off and went to Gold reef City with friends. It's almost identical to Knott's Berry Farm in Anaheim. With fewer roller coasters. And it has a Gold Mining Theme.

So here we are.

Here's Amanda (A volunteer at Lambano) and I strapped into the Anaconda...it was the most ferocious of the rides there. I heard that this is a really offensive gesture in the UK.

No, that's no statue, it's a breakdancing robot street performer.

One of the performances was Zulu tribal dance and drums.

This was more tribal dancing, but it looks like The Village People.

At the end of the day we went for a thrilling ride to the top of the Ferris Wheel

Majestic Jo'burg.

Anywho, the next day I got terribly sick, so, all I can really tell you about Gold Reef City is...

DON'T ORDER THE BLITZ BURGER.

I'm better now but this past week was not very productive.

Also, on a more serious note, it's hard to miss what's going on in Lebanon. Please, if you aren't already, be praying for peace in the middle east.

No comments: