Saturday, May 16, 2009

I can't freaking believe it's May already.

Time is going by so fast. So I'm cooking, drinking energy drinks and contemplating not sleeping. I wish I had started tabulating in college how many 24+ periods I've gone sleepless. It's still one of my most favorite experiences of being. especially right at the 7 in the morning mark. It's like you're seeing the world in a totally different way.

All that to say, I'm feeling a little introspective...mathematically. The last two years has been a roller coaster by the numbers - from May '07 to May '09, I've (deep breath) completed 38 units of seminary, made a fool of myself to not less than (<) 3 girls, gone to Mexico 2wice to build houses, gone to LA 5 times, Spent 28 days in India, completed 1 week visits to New Orleans, Dallas, Little Rock, Akron, Chicago, San Francisco 2wice, lived in 3 different places with 7 different roommates, had 5 different jobs (2 at a time concurrently), applied for 3 different government programs, went to staff 4 summer camps (3 in a row spanning 24 days while living out of a single backpack), been to 9 state parks, 2 national parks, read 2 Jane Austin novels, sustained 1 injury, spent 9 months carless, cried 2 times, went to green festival 2wice, 3 days at bumbershoot, collected 13 tattoos, hiked above 12,000 feet for the second time in my life and been to 3 weddings, 1 funeral & skipped 5 weddings. I think I also had 4 cavities and consequently started flossing more. (all in no particular order).

My life is simply great, and I don't deserve any of it, and am enjoying all of it, even the tough stuff, which really isn't that tough by comparison to pretty much anyone. It's crazy to think about how long and yet how short and fast 2 years has been and can be. Thanks be to God and my prayer for the next two years of hopefully more consistency, and focused progress in seminary.

James 4:14.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

3 girls? i don't remember three. i'm getting old. or maybe it's the ridiculous summer heat doing things to my poor brain.

matty o said...

two of them were before we were friends, I think...

Anonymous said...

i can't freaking believe you made a fool of yourself in front of THREE girls! when you get tired of playing the fool, i would love to introduce you to a girl who you would be perfect for.

matty o said...

that's difficult to believe, anonymous. I think I need to keep building the cake before I try to put the frosting on again.