Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

This year I'm celebrating Lent for the first time, and I'm actually going about it in kind of an extreme way, rather than in a small or simple way. Which might lead to problems in being successful. I've always been a lofty goals type of person, and somewhat of an extremist.

So today, I begin the journey of Lent. I went to a catholic mass for the first time (unless you count catholic field services back when I was a Chaplain for ROTC cadets, which I don't) and it happened to be the Ash Wednesday today.

The homily was very good, it was essentially that Lent is a celebration, not a hardship. It is a celebration of the sufficiency of Jesus Christ for sinners, and an opportunity for us to step into the redemption process, and to grow in ways that God wants us to grow as people, through denying that which may distract or threaten us, and embracing that will enhance and challenge us.

So, I don't feel like listing my Lent stuff in full, the two main things are that 1) I will be attempting to blog everyday. 2) Cristin and I are doing a Paleo Diet Cleanse. I'm very excited about the opportunities to grow through these challenges, and to enbrace a more disciplined life than before.

Right now I'm more excited about this than I was about Mardi Gras, which was a complete success full of awesome people and good times. Also, I've been horrible about taking pictures since I moved here, and that's not a Lent thing, but I am going to take out and charge my camera, so that might start happening.

No comments: