Sunday, February 12, 2012

Letter to God

Dear God,

I am messed up. Life is this awful mess, just a 7-layer dip of emotions and sinfulness, and somewhere in it you have plunged, like the Dorito chip of life, like a divine instrument of deliverance, to fetch my perishing ass. I love chaos too much. Genesis 1:2 is me, a pandemonium of cyanide cocktails and death-dealing blows to the head, a senseless rubrich of all that is wrong.

And Yet, Christ is for me. I know that, like an undeniable fact, but not a mere fact. It is a riot of positive energy overtaking my like the fog. There is nowhere to run from your awesome love and goodness when I commune with you, when I surrender and come in, it's as though I've known an old friend from before the war. Like a grandma in a cookie kitchen, you welcome me in, take care of m
e, put me at ease, and comfort my broken heart. You restore me to a good conscience, and break the bonds that hold me fast. Your love opens all doors, restores all walls, builds all foundations anew, desires all
good, and magnifies all that is glorious and honorable. You are the only Blessing and in you are all blessings.

God give me strength that I cannot claim as my own, clarity like light, and a heart that won't give up. You love me so much, allow me to hurt with love for others, and alert my conciousness to your sublime presence in all things.



No comments: