Thursday, February 23, 2012

School

There are a lot of differences between being in middle school and teaching it. I have never really thought much about my early education, but I never really knew much about my teachers. I just accepted that there were my teachers. I don't remember thinking about the personal life or normal non-school activities of my teachers. I viewed them as very 1-dimensional.

Someone just pointed out to me that this may mbe a much more west-coast mono-generational way of looking at things. As kids in Louisiana ask all sorts of questions about me, are they just being irritating and curious, or do they expect to relate to their teachers as people, not just teachers?

I don't know, but I tend to be a very accepting person, and sometimes that is to my detriment, so maybe it's a healthy curiosity. Either way, Louisiana kids are not very good at staying on task :(

No comments: