Tuesday, January 07, 2003

I am weird. Like really really weird. Like you're reading this and your thinking "Matt, I know, you're weird, everyones weird." But thats not what i mean. I mean most people have some uniting quality, and follow some common trend even involuntariily. Not me. I am an abnormal person. And as weird as this sounds, being weird is not always a good thing. I mean to start off I'm very arbitrary as far as my decision making and opinion forming is concerned. I am also extremely contrary, I've noticed, and so sometimes I feel like I'm just arguing for no reason with people...I've done this a lot less since I got saved, but still, that is an odd combination to be contrary and arbitrary. I think it's only certain people that draw out the latter, though. Anyways, because I'm that way, everything I do in life does not follow any discernible pattern. Now that might seem okay at first, but most people do have discernible patterns, and they identify them and can make sounder and wiser judgements as they gain experience. Not me. Every decision I make feels like the first of it's kind, atleast as far as specific circumstances and details are relevant. Any patterns I have been able to pick out seem pretty odd too, as though forming by accident, and not really worthwhile to factor into my daily conduct. I am weird. Like really really weird.

No comments: