Wednesday, January 08, 2003

I don't feel comfortable buying things online cause I feel like I can't assess them unless I can see them in front of me and handle them and determine there worth to me. So I'm going to take a loss of 20 bucks cause I have the luxury of getting either new books or picking the best of the used books out from the book store, instead of just going on some ones "best attempt" of describing the quality of a book to me in written words. And If I were to try and get them new, the bookstore does offer better prices. They just don't mark down the used stuff enough. but this way it will be in my hands instantly instead of on a plane in massachussets. Am I rationalizing or just weighing the options and making a less popular decision on the tradeoff value? I'm not sure. Thats another reason that I can't make the best decisions, because I'm so not objective, and I feel like my own perception is invalid in making assessments. I severely lack discernment of my very life. Thats probably why I struggle with self evaluation so much, eh? Well in any case, I'm buying books from the bookstore. After all If people were all suckers for shopping there, no one would shop there, right? see that was totally just rationalizing right there, but I'm comfortable with what I'm buying from them. As long as I don't have to buy that singing book. What a waste that would be.

No comments: