Friday, January 17, 2003

WOW, it's been quite the 2 days. On Thursday, I started out with a session in the morning (Johnny mac preaching it up) which was pretty good, then I went to an even better seminar by my favorite english teacher, Jo Suzuki, on postmodernism, which was really informative, cause it's not at all cut and dry like I thought it was, it's the proverbial jello that you can never nail to the wall. It was interesting. Then I worked, then I ate fast then played Ultimate, then came back and worked then ate real quick, than heard Art Azurdia give a fantastic message on Atonement from Isaiah 53...beautiful, man, simply stunning, and he's so passionate, I'm not sure i could handle that much overwhelmingness every week. But he's phenomenal as a special speaker. Then this morning was Art again, which wasn't as hot, I think cause they had a few technical difficulties, and well, that was the same last year, Art preached 2 sermons, and the 1st was a lot more captivating and powerful than the 2nd. But the first one was really great, so I definitely learned a lot. Then I went to a seminar on philosophy and the presentation of the Gospel based on Acts 17...it was really good, cause I was really closed-minded when it came to apologetics, and now I think I have a better grasp of what both sides of the coin look like, so to speak. Then I worked then ate, and had a nice hour to not do anything before frisbee....And frisbee these last two days has been FUN. Like "awesome, everything I expected and more" kind of fun. We had a few overtime games, really even matches, and it was a lot of fun, and then today my team womped hardcore, 10-3 and 10-1 (10-1 against the wind, too) which is always a good feeling, scoring at will and all that, especially when the teams seem pretty even by the names...I guess there's more to it than the tangibles, though, yah know?....anyways, yeah I want 5 cd's, so I need 20 bucks somehow, which, well I mae a vow noto to buy anything unless I was in need, cause I buy waaaaaaay too much out of want and out of rationalizing purchases...no more books, no more cd's, I need to save my money....and then I will get something I really genuinely need, and be prepared for emergencies, and stuff....yeah, I was severely convicted by Dr. Mackey's personal finance advice. Well this is booty long, and I'm gonna go write some other stuff somewhere else...bye 4 now.

No comments: